Decide DeKalb recognizes five companies for Small Business Week
3/17/2017, 6 a.m.
Decide DeKalb is highlighting five companies for their contributions to economic growth within DeKalb County for Georgia Small Business Week.
The development authority said the businesses are representative of diverse industries that call DeKalb home – from game design to eco-friendly cleaning products to meal-kit delivery service production.
Decide DeKalb President Ray Gilley said the March 13-17 observance provides an opportunity to celebrate local enterprises.
“Small Business Week is an important period of time each year allowing us to renew our commitment to developing and nurturing the entrepreneurial spirit that is paramount to small business success,” Gilley said in a March 10 statement. “Decide DeKalb is pleased to recognize these five outstanding companies for their hard work, business growth and community impact. As an economic development organization, we have upped our commitment to providing important resources to small businesses such as access to funding, education and mentors, which collaboratively work to develop tomorrow’s success story.”
- Gimmie Games – one of the world’s foremost designers of entertainment-style slot machines with worldwide distribution. Their games are built with unique math models and patented game play concepts.
- Ecolink – an industry leader in the development of EPA and OSHA compliant cleaning solutions.
- Coaxum’s Seafood Spot – Creole and Cajun dining with an emphasis on authenticity and the flavors of Louisiana and the Gulf Coast region.
- C.E.R.M. – an environmental, engineering and program management firm providing comprehensive solutions to address unique problems in transportation, environment, water, and energy.
- PREP Atlanta – opened in June 2014 to help build and support small food businesses in metro Atlanta by creating a Small Food Business Accelerator to help local entrepreneurs.
For more information, visit www.decidedekalb.com.