DeKalb County with a 45% loss on TSPLOST
DeKalb County: Update Why Vote “No” on TSPLOST Referendum – July 31 st
By Viola Davis RN BSN
When will we as taxpayers and voters get tired of “status quo” solutions that do not solve problems? The TSPLOST referendum is yet another so-called solution to our everlasting traffic congestion problem. The politically connected corporations will provide plenty of funding to pay for political lies that distort the truth. What truth? Once again, we have a problem that will generate profits for the politically connected instead of solve the traffic congestion.
Please view the graph below that explains our Return on Investment and the percentage loss:
County/City Revenue Generated Projects/Money Entirely within County/City
Cherokee $ 279.9 million $ 268.5 million (4% loss)
Clayton $ 451.7 million $ 370.0 million (18% loss)
Cobb $1,220.3 million $ 305.5 million (75% loss)
DeKalb $1,017.2 million $ 556.8 million (45% loss)
Douglas $ 206.8 million $ 121.4 million (41% loss)
Fayette $ 190.2 million $ 157.2 million (17% loss)
Fulton $1,237.6 million $ 920.6 million (25% loss)
Gwinnett $1,289.7 million $1,023.9 million (20% loss)
Henry $ 279.2 million $ 261.6 million (6% loss)
Rockdale $ 136.7 million $ 98.2 million (28% loss)
Return on Investment for the City of Atlanta - Investment overall for City of Atlanta – $2,156.5 million or 2.1 billion! The City of Atlanta is the "Winner"!
Important Facts to Remember:
· Ten counties that make up District 3 willreceiveless money and projects entirely within their counties compared to the money generated in their counties.
· City of Atlanta will benefit from $2.1 billion dollars in money and projects compared to $914.7 million generated within the city limits.
· Biggest losers forTSPLOSTare everyone outside of the City of Atlanta.
· County with the lowest percentage for Return on Investment: Cobb County at 25.0% with a loss of 75%.
· Second county with the lowest percentage for Return on Investment: DeKalb County at 54.7% with a loss of 45% especially for everyone living in South DeKalb.Counties with less than a 20% loss with TSPLOST: